A few words about us
Our company, with name “OPAP S.A.”, having its seat at 112 Athinon Ave., Athens (hereinafter “OPAP S.A.”), is according to the applicable legislation, responsible for processing your personal data within the framework of the provision of games of chance services online (hereinafter the “Games of Chance”) and specifically through OPAP S.A’s Online Points with the use of mobile or non-mobile devices as well as any other mean that could be raised by modern technologies in the future.
The protection of your personal data is very important to us. OPAP S.A. has taken all adequate technical and organizational measures for the protection of your personal data, collected through its Online Points, against any unauthorized access, processing, loss, or erasure.
Categories of personal data that we collect and process
OPAP S.A. collects your personal data through your browsing in OPAP S.A’s Online Points as well as through your registration to the services provided through Online Points and your participation in the Games offered through them. In particular:
- Identity verification details, such as: full name, date of birth, home address, ID or passport number.
- Contact details, such as: email address, mobile phone number
- Ιnformation regarding the transactions of the Player Account, such as: balance, deposits, withdrawals. It shall be clarified that this information will be available to the Customer, whom it regards, through his/her online Player Account.
- Information relevant to your playing behavior, your browsing in the websites through which Games of Chance services are offered and your use of Mobile App, such as: websites preferences, software bugs reports, geo-location data, information collected from cookies, connection date and time, IP addresses.
- Other information that may contain personal data, such as: complaints or remarks regarding the services provided, for which a file of recorded phone calls with our call center and a file of written communication (emails, chat sessions) is kept.
Why we collect personal data
The information above and the personal data collected by OPAP S.A. regarding its Players and/or third parties will be saved in OPAP S.A.’s databases and servers, always in accordance with the provisions of the applicable legislation and, especially, with those provisions on the confidentiality of communications and on the protection of the person against the processing of personal data.
The legal basis, as well as the reasons of processing are the following:
- Necessary processing for the performance of the terms of our contractual relationship and for the provision of the Games of Chance services to you. Within this context, we process your data for the following purposes:
- To create, operate and manage the Player’s Account, in accordance with the terms of the Agreement of Accession.
- To manage bets and participations to other Games of Chance and process transactions effected through OPAP S.A.’s Online Points, including payments.
- Necessary processing for the compliance with our legal obligations. Within this context, we process your data for the following purposes:
- For OPAP S.A. to comply with the applicable legislative framework and, in particular, with the provisions regulating the online gaming market in Greece, including provisions for Responsible Gaming.
- To conduct the necessary security controls, identity verification and age confirmation of the Customers, through the control of their identification documents and through the use of their contact details, so as to ascertain that they indeed belong to you.
- To monitor the transactions, aiming at deterring or verifying cases of fraud, irregular betting, money laundering, for sports integrity matters etc.
- Necessary processing for the purposes of our legitimate interests, namely:
- For the improvement of the Games of Chance services provided through the Online Points, by using statistics regarding the Online Points’ use, as well as for the optimum service of OPAP S.A.’s Customers, especially by recognizing the Player when he/she calls the call center, so that he/she is given priority in terms of service, and so that the agent attending to him/her has the details of his/her online account readily available.
- For the improvement of players service to the agencies through the provision of specific information about the player to the agency in which has registered and more specifically regarding whether the player has provided his/her consent to receive commercial communication, whether his/her balance exceeds 5 euro or not (without the remaining amount being specified), and whether the player is active within the last 20 days (without his/her playing behavior being specified). It is outlined that if players visit another agency different from the one that completed their registration or (in case their registration was completed and the relevant documentation was submitted online) different from the one that made their first cash deposit, these information will not be available.
- For the conduction of customer satisfaction surveys that will provide us with insights regarding your experience as player which will allow us to improve our services offered.
- For the provision of evidence as to the transactions effected, by processing recorded oral or written (in soft or hard copy) communication.
- Specifically, the mobile telephone number provided by the Player will be also used for his/her immediate information in case of detection of transactions from his/her online account that raise reasonable suspicions of non-authorized use or of fraud, without this meaning that OPAP S.A. undertakes the obligation to detect any eventual non-authorized use or suspicious transaction.
- Processing based on your specific consent, which is provided by selecting the relevant field upon your registration or afterwards. If you wish so, the company will process your personal data for the purposes below:
- To understand your preferences through your playing behavior in order to send you special offers that match with your preferences Bonus / Free bets according to your playing behavior, to inform you about points you have collected through your participation in loyalty programs, as well as, about rewards/gifts you may be qualified for/deserve.
- In order for OPAP Group Companies to send you commercial communication such as advertising messages, newsletters and promotional messages for the Companies and their services provided. Specifically, in case you select this tick box you will receive commercial communication from OPAP Group Companies that provide games of chance (OPAP S.A., HELLENIC LOTTERIES S.A., HORSE RACES S.A.) and the rest Group Companies (Tora Wallet S.A., Tora Direct S.A).
The channels that we will use for our communication will be the ones you select when providing your consent.
In any case, you hold the right to revoke the aforementioned specific consent to the processing of your personal data for the entire or particular purposes at any given moment via the “Settings” section at your online account or by selecting the relevant link to stop message delivery, which is included in the promotional messages you receive In such case, the company will stop any processing that is based on your consent, without this affecting the lawfulness of the processing that was based on your consent prior to its withdrawal or of the processing described under points i to iii. Respectively, you may change at any given moment, via the ‘Settings” section at your online account, your selections regarding the channels that we will use for our commercial / promotional communication.
The processing of your personal data, within the context of the provision of Games of Chance services, will be carried out by the competent employees of OPAP S.A. who are duly authorized to this end. Recipients of the personal data are also external partners acting on our behalf (Data Processors) such as call center services providers, IT systems providers through which Games of Chance services are provided, OPAP S.A agents to the extent that this is necessary for your optimum service and for the provision of our services. In this case, our company undertakes that its partners are under the control and act only following its orders, that they have been specifically authorized for this purpose and that they are fully bound by secrecy and by the obligations set forth in the legislation on the collection and processing of the aforementioned data.
Finally, we shall inform you that our company may disclose your data to the competent administrative or judicial authorities, insofar as this is imposed by the applicable legislative and regulatory framework, following relevant request or when it ought to submit a report with the said data, without giving you any special prior notice.
Your personal data that refers to your identity verification, as well as the information referring to the transactions effected through Online Points (including messages history) will be kept for ten (10) years as of their registration and, in any case, for five (5) years as of the end of the customer relationship.
You have the right to access, namely the right to be informed, following your request, on the extent to which your personal data is being processed, on one hand, and to receive further information regarding the processing carried out, on the other hand. Furthermore, you have the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data of yours or the supplementation thereof, and if the conditions set out in Law are met, to exercise the right of deletion, the right of processing limitation, the right of data portability, and the right of opposition to its processing.
In case you exercise the rights to correction, deletion and limitation of your data, these requests will be forwarded as well to the third parties/ recipients, to which this data was disclosed within the framework of provision of Games of Chance services.
Finally, you shall promptly notify OPAP S.A. of any eventual change to the information that you provided upon registering and opening your online account.
Our services are not addressed to persons below twenty one (21) years of age. Any person who provides his/her details to us through any of our services warrants that he/she is above twenty one (21) years of age.
We do not take on any obligation or liability for the practices, actions or policies that are beyond our control.
We commit to maintain your data update and accurate, to store and delete them securely, to not collect and maintain data that are not necessary for us, to protect your data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure and in general to reassure that all adequate technical and organization measures for their protection, are in place.
In case you consider that the protection of your personal data is affected in any way, you may appeal to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority, using the following details: Website: www.dpa.gr | Address: 1-3 Kifisias Ave., 115 23, Athens | Call Center: +30 210 6475600 | Fax: +30 210 6475628 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org