A few words about us
Our company, with name “OPAP S.A.”, having its seat at 112 Athinon Ave., Athens (hereinafter “OPAP S.A.”), is according to the applicable legislation, responsible for processing your personal data within the framework of the provision of games of chance services online (hereinafter the “Games of Chance”) and specifically through OPAP S.A’s Online Points with the use of mobile or non-mobile devices as well as any other mean that could be raised by modern technologies in the future.
The protection of your personal data is very important to us. OPAP S.A. has taken all adequate technical and organizational measures for the protection of your personal data, collected through its Online Points, against any unauthorized access, processing, loss, or erasure.
Categories of personal data that we collect and process
OPAP S.A. collects your personal data through your browsing in OPAP S.A’s Online Points as well as through your registration to the services provided through Online Points and your participation in the Games offered through them. In particular:
- Identity verification details, such as: full name, date of birth, home address, ID or passport number.
- Contact details, such as: email address, mobile phone number.
- Ιnformation regarding the transactions of the Player Account, such as: balance, deposits, withdrawals, payment methods information (e.g. IBAN, cards) used by the player for the deposit of the amount for his/her participation or withdrawal of winnings. It shall be clarified that this information, to the extent that is stored by the Company, will be available to the Customer, whom it regards, through his/her online Player Account.
- Information relevant to your playing behavior, your browsing in the websites through which Games of Chance services are offered and your use of Mobile Apps, such as: websites preferences, software bug reports, geolocation data, information collected via cookies, date and time of connection, IP addresses, user session recording and in particular clicks, scrolls and transitions to other webpages, as well as browser-related information, such as browser type, and the Operating System you are using when browsing.
- Other information that may contain personal data, such as: complaints or remarks regarding the services provided, for which a file of recorded phone calls with our Call Center and a file of written communication (email, chat sessions) is retained.
Why we collect personal data
The information above and the personal data collected by OPAP S.A. regarding its Players and/or third parties will be saved in OPAP S.A.’s databases and servers, always in accordance with the provisions of the applicable legislation and, especially, with those provisions on the confidentiality of communications and on the protection of individuals against the processing of personal data.
The legal basis, as well as the purposes of processing are the following:
- Processing that is necessary for the performance of the terms of our contractual relationship and for the provision of the Games of Chance services to you. Within this context, we process your data for the following purposes:
- To create, operate and manage each Player’s Account, in accordance with the terms of the Agreement of Accession.
- To manage bets and participations to other Games of Chance and process transactions effected through OPAP S.A.’s Online Points, including payments.
2. Processing necessary for the compliance with our legal obligations. Within this context, we process your data for the following purposes:
- For the compliance of OPAP S.A. to the current legislative framework and, in particular, to the provisions regulating the online gaming market in Greece, including provisions for Responsible Gaming.
- To conduct the necessary security controls, for the verification of the payment methods or/and withdrawal of winnings, identity verification and age confirmation of the Customers, by checking their identification documents and by using their contact details, in order to ascertain that they indeed belong to you.
- To monitor the transactions, aiming at deterring or verifying cases of fraud, irregular betting, money laundering, for sports integrity matters etc.
3. Processing necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, in particular:
- For the improvement and the business development of the Games of Chance services provided through the Online Points, by using aggregated statistics of the Online Points use. In addition, for the optimum service of OPAP S.A.’s Customers, especially by recognizing the Player when he/she calls the call center, so that he/she is prioritized in terms of service, and so that the agent attending to him/her has the details of his/her online account readily available. For these specific internal operations, a player’s profile is created (segmentation based on player’s behavior data) via automated processing, without resulting to any significant insight for the player.
- For the conduction of customer satisfaction surveys that will provide us with insights, regarding your experience as player, which will allow us to improve our services.
- For the provision of evidence as to the transactions effected, by processing recorded oral or written (in soft and/or hard copy) communication.
- Specifically, the mobile telephone number provided by the Player will also be used for his/her immediate information in case of detection of transactions from his/her online account that raise reasonable suspicions of unauthorized use or fraud, without these meaning that OPAP S.A. undertakes the obligation to detect any unauthorized use or suspicious transaction.
- 4.Processing based on the specific consent that you provide by selecting the relevant field upon your registration, or afterwards. In particular, upon registration or afterwards, by providing your specific consent to receive commercial communications based on your preferences and your playing behaviour, you will receive notifications, communications and offers in the "Messages" section of your online account, which you can access by logging in to your account and/or the respective communication channels you choose, i.e. via Email, and/or SMS, and/or telephone call, and/or Viber. Subject to your consent, OPAP S.A. will process your personal data for the following purposes:To understand your preferences based on your playing behavior, in order to send you exclusive offers that match your preferences, as well as Bonuses/Free bets, to inform you about points you have collected through your participation in Loyalty programs, as well as, about rewards/gifts you may be qualified for. In the context of this personalized commercial communication, a profile is created based on your playing behavior, with automated means, but without resulting to any significant impact to the player.
In order for OPAP Group Companies to send you commercial communication such as advertising messages, newsletters and promotional messages regarding the Companies and their services. Specifically, in case you select this tick box you will receive commercial communication from OPAP Group Companies that provide games of chance (OPAP S.A., HELLENIC LOTTERIES S.A., HORSE RACES S.A.) and the rest Group Companies (Tora Wallet S.A., Tora Direct S.A).
The channels we will use for our communication will be the "Messages", which you can see in the relevant section of your online account, as well as the communication channels you select when providing your consent.
- If you provide your consent for the use of technologies such as cookies on your device via the specific cookie banner on the OPAP Group website you visit, information about you is automatically collected, for the purpose of personalized navigation, for the analysis of our websites traffic, as well as for commercial use by us and our partners.
In any case, you hold the right to revoke the aforementioned specific consent to the processing of your personal data for the entire or particular purposes at any given moment, via the “Settings” section of your online account or by selecting the relevant link, to stop message delivery, which is included in the promotional messages you receive or through the specific field for withdrawal of consent for the installation of cookies, that you will find at the bottom of the Cookies Policy of the website you visit. In such case, OPAP S.A. will stop any processing that is based on your consent, without this affecting the lawfulness of the processing that was based on your consent prior to its withdrawal or of the processing described under points i to iii. Respectively, you may change at any given moment, via the ‘Settings” section at your online account, your selections regarding the channels that we will use for our commercial/promotional communication.
The processing of your personal data, within the context of the provision of Games of Chance services, will be carried out by the duly authorized, competent employees of OPAP S.A. Recipients of the personal data are third parties involved in payment procedures or receipt of winnings from you (financial institutions or payment services providers) for the purpose of concluding transactions or/and for the purpose of player’s and payment methods’ verification, also external partners acting on our behalf (Data Processors), such as Call Center services providers, IT systems providers, through which Games of Chance services are provided, supported and commercially promoted, OPAP S.A agents to the extent that this is necessary for your optimum service and for the provision of our services. Your personal data may be transferred outside of the EU, from these providers, and especially in U.S.A., despite the fact that the relevant data storage takes place mainly inside EU and there are strict contractual clauses in force, which apply to such transfer.
Our company undertakes that its partners are under the control and act only following its orders, that they have been specifically authorized for this purpose and that they are fully bound by confidentiality and by the obligations set forth in the legislation on the collection and processing of the aforementioned data.
Moreover, within the context of our use of the enterprise products provided by Facebook Ireland Ltd., such as analytics and advertising tools for Games of Chance, we inform you that we process your data, as Joint Controllers with Facebook, having entered into contractual data protection clauses, in order to ensure that the necessary security measures for your data are implemented. For any issue regarding the processing of your data in the context of the use of these technologies, please kindly contact Facebook, as the competent communication channel.
In addition, within the context of your use of the OPAP Group websites, applications, and other Online Points of OPAP Group Companies, through tools such as cookies, your data is transferred to technology providers that support the operation of these tools, for the purposes of browsing security, storage of display preferences, traffic analysis and measuring referrals from partners, as well as commercial use by us and our partners. Your data may be transferred by the aforementioned providers outside the European Economic Area and especially to U.S.A., despite the fact that data are mainly stored inside EU and there are strict contractual clauses in force for the purpose of such transfer. For more information on the names of the respective providers and the relevant purposes, please consult the Cookies Policy of the respective Online Point.
Finally, we shall inform you that our company may disclose your data to the competent administrative or judicial authorities, insofar as this is imposed by the applicable legislative and regulatory framework, following relevant request or when it ought or has the right to submit a report with the said data.
Your personal data that refer to your identity verification, as well as the information referring to the transactions effected through Online Points (including mailing history) will be retained for ten (10) years as of their registration and, in any case, for five (5) years as of the end of the customer relationship. Regarding the retention period of cookies data, you may refer to the detailed retention periods as described in the Cookies Policy of each Online Point you browse.
You have the right to access, namely the right to be informed, following your request, on the extent to which your personal data is being processed, on one hand, and to receive further information regarding the processing carried out, on the other hand. Furthermore, you have the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data of yours or the supplementation thereof, and if the conditions set out in Legislation are met, to exercise the right of deletion, the right of processing limitation, the right of data portability, and the right of opposition to its processing.
In case that you exercise the rights to correction, deletion and limitation of your data, these requests will be forwarded as well to the third parties/recipients, to which this data was disclosed within the framework of provision of Games of Chance services.
Finally, you shall promptly notify OPAP S.A. of any change to the information that you provided upon registering and opening of your online account.
Our services are not addressed to persons below twenty-one (21) years of age and as result, we do not process any personal data of minors. Any person that provides his/her details to us through any of our services, warrants that he/she is above twenty-one (21) years of age.
We do not take on any obligation or liability for the practices, actions or policies that are beyond our control.
We commit to maintain your data updated and accurate, to store and delete them securely, to not collect and maintain data that are not necessary for us, to protect your data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, and in general, to reassure that all adequate technical and organizational measures for their protection, are in place.
In case you consider that we have not properly addressed your complaint and the protection of your personal data is violated in any way, you may lodge a complaint through the special online platform of the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (Website: www.dpa.gr | Address: 1-3 Kifisias Ave., 115 23, Athens | Call Center: +30 210 6475600 | Fax: +30 210 6475628). Detailed instructions for submitting a complaint are provided on the website of the Authority.